Thursday, May 10, 2007

Now for the 2nd L

Today I took an exam in Criminal Procedure, which officially brought to a close the dreaded first-year of law school. I should feel elated, or satisfied, or relieved or something, but instead, I feel anxious. It will be another 3 weeks or so before I learn the results of my efforts that will ultimately have a significant bearing on the job that I am able to acquire when I graduate. This process is very obnoxious. I don't really know what else to say or do but I felt like I had to say or do something, other than purchasing my celebratory case of beer which historically I need very little motivation to do. The moral of the story is if I can do this; finish a year of classes in which I was saddled with weekly reading responsibilities often topping out at over 200 pages per week, and somehow manage to maintain what little sanity I had left to begin with, whatever endeavors that you have for those of you finding yourselves reading this entry, if you're going to put them off, don't do it out of fear that you can't get it done. Lord knows I'm just about the laziest, most unmotivated, slacking, procrastinating excuse for an academic I know, so if I can do this, anybody can do just about anything. Fear not, cause there is always worse. You could be taking a 3 hour essay exam evaluating the likelihood of a fictional statute surviving four different stages of judicial review, that counts for your entire grade in a course that you have no idea what you're doing in. Whatever you're aspiring to do, get it moving.

No comments: